Monday, December 17, 2007

Strange and Silly Dreams

Strange I'm used to - but I rarely have a purely silly dream. Now I've had two in one week. The first one was after rereading about Sufis in the South India Guidebook and in an article here in the local "Deccan Chronicle." Sufism has a long and interesting history and is where we get the term "whirling dervish" from. That night I went to sleep and dreamed about the "Sofis" - a mystical cult of the couch. I was just about to learn the precepts and start a new religion when I woke myself up snoring. Probably just as well. Then, last night I dreamed about introducing a new breakfast cereal to the world called "Shooter bits." Small bite-size pieces of cereal in the shape of various types of guns. Don't think it'll fly so don't look for it in your local grocery. Whatever these dreams reveal about me? - just keep it to yourself - 'kay?

In knitting news, I have not been totally lax. Decided to do a second Juggernaut hat for a two-year-old girl so I could give our driver (who's wife is expecting) both hats at once. Still a strange-looking little hat off the head.


Here are the hats finished...



And here is Bala - our driver - the recipient on behalf of (almost) two kidlets.

I'm really likeing an 6- to 8-stitch I-cord in garter stitch as a stem for the hats.


Made another hat out of leftovers that's waaay too big for anyone but an adult with a big head. Natasha? Want a hat to go with your rehabilitated socks?


It looks more attractive as a bowl...


Or maybe as a nest for Ganesh!


And I ripped out the saaad socks and have been sewing too. Photos to follow.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My silly dream: I just had twins with Mr. Darcy. AND I look just like Jennifer Ehle. Go figure. Nice hats. Good close-ups.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Natasha said...

Hey, if YOU made it I'll take it. Love the hat. and how are those socks coming along???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines http://rpc.bloglines.com/blogroll?html=1&id=dimsware@gmail.com