Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wish You Were Here

April 20th two years ago I lost my sweet Scarlet doggie to Lymphoma. She was a Cardigan Corgi and we had a very deep and special connection I haven't had with any other animal companion. Miss you constantly Scarli, and wish you were here....


I'm not home so this isn't a very good picture of her - took it from my Ravelry profile page, which is "dims" by the way if anyone wants to check in. Shout out to Nina (pronounced Nynah - many of you know her). She's "Ancora" if anyone wants to go welcome her and friend her up.

[Update - now I'm home and here are a few more pix of her.]







Okay okay, I adore any picture of this dog - she was my best friend.

Here's the cute Stitch doggie in Heidi's arms from Heidi's yarn shop.


I kept running back in every day for one more thing and to see Stitch.

Went into a restaurant for lunch and saw a wrought-iron leafy on the wall. I love leafies of all kinds. They are right up there with the "P" flowers---and dogs of course.



In Garberville I saw a Corgi that had the same coloring as our current Pembroke Corgi, "Trixie." I jumped out of the car to say hello and ask for an introduction. It was a male and boy was he cute. This happens all the time - accosting cute doggies - so David just drives around the block. I was wearing huge sunglasses and as he rounded the corner to pick me up the woman (who was my age (59ish) said, "Oh, is that your Dad?" I said "No, my husband" and she huffed off with the dog as if David was cradle robbing. His hair IS snow white but if she'd seen the eye wrinkles under the sun glasses there wouldn't have been the question. David got a huge kick out of it. I've been "Dad"ing him ever since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines http://rpc.bloglines.com/blogroll?html=1&id=dimsware@gmail.com